Tuesday, October 13, 2009

how did i miss this?!

image source: ScareHouse

The ScareHouse, Pittsburgh's premiere haunted house attraction, is opening a new haunted house with a steampunk theme. It's called Rampage!

This has been on the web since August, and I completely missed it!

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to link the trailer for the new attraction on this blog, so I'll post a costumes feature that mostly focuses on the steampunk costumes for Rampage!:


The good news is that I have a car, and Etna is not far away- just a little north of the city. The bad news is that I don't want to pay $17 a pop- the admission price for all three haunted houses at the site. They should just let me into Rampage! for $6. I don't want to see the other ones, I want to see the totalitarian dictatorship mechanical shoot-out one!

I'm going to go crawl into my hole now and awash myself in shame for missing this important local steampunk development...

1 comment:

  1. I can't really seem to wrap my head around the idea of steampunk being a vehicle for fright. I mean, the costumes are cool as the bees knees, but I don't think they inspire fright deep from the hearts of the weak and strong alike. Usually, things trying to scare people exploit fears that people already have (e.g. darkness, clowns, Joan Rivers), but I can't imagine anyone being scared of steampunk. I mean...in the video, when the director spoke, I definitely LOLed. Maybe it's just my attitude towards "scary things" because they're usually more hilarious than frightening.

    I think it's worth checking out anyway. $17 isn't that bad. I mean, it's about five Veracruz burritos, but I'm sure this haunted house is more impressive than Fright Night at Kennywood.

    ReplyDelete