Saturday, October 17, 2009

the mysterious explorations of jasper morello

My twin sister Leigh directed me to this strange 26-minute film by Anthony Lucas. According to the Gothia Gazette, the film's website:
Set in a world of iron dirigibles and steam powered computers, this gothic horror mystery tells the story of Jasper Morello, a disgraced aerial navigator who flees his Plague-ridden home on a desperate voyage to redeem himself. The chance discovery of an abandoned dirigible leads Jasper through unchartered waters to an island on which lives a terrifying creature that may be the cure for the Plague. The journey back to civilization is filled with horrors but in a shocking climax, Jasper discovers that the greatest horror of all lies within man himself.
Below is a trailer of the film. You can watch it in its entirety here.

1 comment:

  1. Definately has a Tim Burton feel to it. I didn't see "9" or whatever, but it seemed to be rooted in some sort of Victorian inspiration.

    As a matter of fact, I would say all of this style of animation comes from Edward Gorey and was wondering if you ever read/saw any of his stuff. I don't no if it exactly qualifies as Victorian, but I would imagine it would be something you would enjoy. So, make it a priority to check it out. I promise it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete