Monday, November 16, 2009

emilie autumn in the 'burgh

image source: peta2
I'm still reeling from the news: As part of her first ever North American tour, Emilie Autumn will be performing at Mr. Small's Theater in Millvale, PA, on December 3.

I was not expecting that at all. I had been looking about two months ago for inexpensive ways to get to NYC to see her in mid-October, because most of her venues were on the West Coast or Canada, and New York was the closest one.

The rest of the tour dates were established sometime in those two months, and on December 3 I will be in attendance. Tickets are pretty cheap- about $15 a pop. There was a special VIP package deal being offered to the first 25 people who signed up- they'd receive a copy of Emilie Autumn's new coffee book, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls, a signed poster, and the opportunity to attend a meet and greet with Emilie Autumn before the concert. Those tickets had sold out by the time I registered, but were way too expensive for me at $68 a pop.

Millvale is about 15 minutes away from my apartment. Sure, I should probably go to my Thursday evening Advanced Reporting class instead, but why would I sit through that class when I could be livin' it up with burlesque Victorian girls who are probably certifiably insane? Besides, I've always wanted an excuse to go to a show at Mr. Small's- the theater is a Roman Catholic church-turned-music venue.

Now I must settle a most pressing issue: which one of my corsets do I wear to this event?

3 comments:

  1. I just got an email about this, and I came here specifically to tell you about it. Dang girl - you're on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you were going to address Emilie Autumn; she's showed up so much in this blog, but only as examples, never as a specific topic. I'd like to know more about her.

    And Mr. Small's is pretty sweet, it's all standing room and pretty small and intimate, so you'll be able easily to get right up by the stage, if you want. Unless these burlesque Victorian girls really are as intimidating as they sound.

    I can't remember if Mr. Smalls is strict about cameras, but you should at least try to get some phone pics to post on here! That would be awesome. Or talk to Emilie about your blog! haha I know--of only it were that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Barbara for helping me out!

    Kayla, you just helped me figure out what I am going to write about today. And start me on an evil effort to get an interview with Autumn. :)

    ReplyDelete