Saturday, January 9, 2010

pretty pictures

Another monster, AnnaNigma, has directed my attention to a blog post on BibliOdyssey that displays obscure historical, informational visual material.  This particular post shows a series of Victorian "infographics" from a flow chart of human history since the Flood (Noah and the Ark and all of that) to a map of New York City.  I myself spent a good ten minutes poring over the map of Pennsylvania, and managed to find not only the fledgling town where I grew up, but other communities that are no longer significant, but much larger back in the mid-1800s.

Since I am currently rereading the first Sherlock Holmes mystery "A Study in Scarlet," I will post a picture of the Copernican theory of the solar system, a topic of which he is completely ignorant in the story:
image source: BibliOdyssey
Check out the rest of the images here.

No comments:

Post a Comment