Sunday, February 28, 2010

dream job

This is probably the only post entirely unrelated to the topic of this blog that any reader will ever see:

I HAVE A CAREER-TYPE JOB NOW!!!!!!

*jumps up and down screaming*

*sees everyone staring, stops, straightens hair and clothes, regains composure*

Indeed.  I will be working as a museum facilitator for a Pontiac's Rebellion battlefield and museum running education programs, events, and volunteer activities.  It's only a seasonal job, starting in two weeks and running to November, but it's a start. And it means that I don't have to work three different jobs at nearly 60 hours a week.  Only two jobs, hopefully at less than 50 hours a week.

I've worked at this battlefield for two years as an intern, and volunteered when I wasn't an intern, and have dreamed since my first day of work there that I'd someday get to work there as well.  While it isn't a permanent position, at least I'll be officially making my own way into the world doing something I absolutely love: educating and exposing the public to history.

This news will not affect the operation of this blog. My excitement has led me to share this information atop this personal virtual soapbox of mine.

So in two weeks I'll be stuck amidst the chaos of 18th century frontier wars:

I'm not a groupie.  The men follow me.

1 comment: