Monday, April 26, 2010

still around...

I am not dead, just very worn out.  I need to stop being a perfectionist and bringing work home with me.  Being a workaholic is not healthy--I lost 10 pounds in six weeks by habitually skipping lunch, and yet I eat sugary foods or fast food all of the time.  I am trying to lessen my workload for my new job, but I tend to make new projects for myself all of the time. Instead I am dropping my last part-time job and focusing on moving fully out of Pittsburgh, where I'll be closer to Bushy Run Battlefield.  That will give me more time to exercise and hopefully calm down, gain some muscle weight back and eat healthy and balanced meals so my teeth don't rot and I have more energy.

There are a few things I'd like to mention as a general update, as I have mostly been out of the neo-Victorian loop for several weeks:

  1. For those I interviewed for articles, I am still in the process of writing them.  I have had many computer problems recently and work-related events that take priority.  I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten about you.
  2. My updates will not be as often any more.  Due to the nature of my job I cannot focus as much on my first love, Victorian history, as much.  Most of my reading is now geared towards 18th century colonial America and its military aspect especially, not the refined social aspects 19th century England or the fictional steampunk world.  That and I need to spend more time away from the computer.
  3. If anyone knows where I can get a cheap 18th century frontier dress, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment