Monday, January 31, 2011

asylum tea

Last night I found this little note in my inbox just before turning my computer off for the evening:









ASYLUM TEA!!! Anyone who knows me knows that tea is pretty much the only flavored beverage I drink nowadays.  I am definitely going to purchase some at the concert next week.  I will have to make the recipe for EA's Funeral Biscuits to go with them...

As for the Shorty Awards, it's a shame now that I gave up on Twitter a few months ago.  Otherwise, EA would have my vote in the "music" category.  I'm not sure if I would have voted for her as an author- while The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls is, hands down, the best "modern" novel I've read for a long time ( EA certainly deserves a Shorty Award in "book design, layout and formatting") it certainly has a few things going against it, which I discuss in my review of that book in this blog post from February 2010.

As for the other categories, I think "fashion" would be a good one for her.  But what qualifies one for "metalillness"?

View the newsletter in its entirety here.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod. How much do I need this tea? I need this tea like a madwoman needs leeches, dammit!

    ReplyDelete