Friday, January 7, 2011

riese update

image source: Riese's Facebook page
As my former roommate and self-proclaimed "husband" Candy pointed out to me today, there is a steampunk webseries called Riese.  My sister Leigh and I proceeded to point out to her that I have covered this topic on my blog in this post and this post.  But Candy's information reminded me of this series and brought me to a link that reveals the rest of the episodes.  I had only seen the first five when the series was pulled from the web during negotiations with Syfy, who has since picked up the series.  According to Wikipedia (the only place I could find information on the topic), Syfy began airing the series in its entirety on its website on October 26, 2010.

I did watch episodes 7-10 this morning as I got ready for work.  They had me pretty floored with the action, but the narration tended to get in the way and spoil things that the viewer could have figured out on their own with further viewing. 

That being said, I hope that these 10 episodes aren't the entire series.  Many questions are just starting to get answered, and the action is excellent.  I'm still not clear on much that happened, but that might be because it's been over one year since I saw the other Riese episodes, and I understand that there have been some edits.  So I'll have to devote my time to watching the entire series, from beginning to end, at some point soon. 

Click here for the complete, reedited 10-episodes of Riese: Kingdom Falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment