Wednesday, March 30, 2011

steampunk princess

With the recent release of Disney's 50th animated feature on DVD yesterday, I've had princesses on the brain.  Tangled (2010) is a story that strikes rather close to home for me- so close that I found myself shivering at parts at how accurately a controlling relationship between a daughter and parent was depicted.

Despite the terrible soundtrack (how I yearn for the days of Tim Rice and Alan Menken once more!), Tangled is a hilarious, yet touching movie reminiscent of the "Golden Age" of Disney in the late 80s and early 90s.

What if Disney created a steampunk princess?
image source: this next
Some creative artist on DeviantArt did a re-imagining of most of the Disney princesses with steampunk gear.  The result is impressive indeed.  I had to do a double-take on both Pocahontas and Snow White, as I couldn't recognize them at first glance.
image source: The Dillenttantista

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see it, since you thought it was funny I'll have to rent it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete