Friday, April 22, 2011

versatile blogger award

Much thanks to Ms. Lou at The Neo-Victorian Parlour, who has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!


So it looks like the rules to this chain award are as follows:

  1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
  2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
  3. Pass the award onto fifteen of your favorite bloggers.
  4. Contact your nominees to let them know about the award.
Okay, here goes for seven random facts about myself:

  1. I want to live in England.  My boyfriend was born in England but has not lived there since he was two years old and doesn't want to move back.  So much for that plan.  :-P
  2. I am a sugar addict.  I legitimately start shaking if I don't have foods that are high in sugar each day.  Sometimes I suck on sugar cubes to get my "fix."
  3. My twin sister and I are going to Lithuania in September to visit the land of my great-grandparents.  After doing some research of Kaunas, the city which they were from, and the time that they left the country- around 1915-1916, I strongly suspect that they left due to the German takeover of Kaunas during WWI. That city switched hands so many times from WWI to the early 1990s that I doubt I can find any record of any relatives that may still be in the area, but it will be cool to see some of my roots.
  4. My playlist includes Disney animated movie soundtracks like Aladdin and Mulan.  I probably know most of the lyrics to most 1990s Disney animated movie songs.
  5. Old cemeteries are so beautiful to me, especially Catholic ones with lots of weeping angels and mansion-like mausoleums.  
  6. I'm a grammar Nazi.  I will smite all those who misuse the English language with odd spellings, word usages, strange grammar and odd capitalizations.  I love editing and perfecting writing so much that I even freelance edit people's work on the side.  Despite this I am notorious for overusing commas.
  7. I once spent the night in an 18th century replica log cabin all by myself, using only a candle for light and sleeping on the uneven wooden floor.  The sleeping situation and the deer stepping on every stick in the surrounding woods made for an interesting, if not restful night.
As fifteen bloggers to nominate seems too much like a chain letter.... maybe five?

  1. Amy at The Ultimate Goth Guide- Amy just received this award, but I'll mention her anyway.  She's the definition of versatile!
  2. Emily Mullin at Emily Mullin- One writer's attempt at documenting life through a lens
  3. Black_Lilly at Clockwork Mice and Toy Spiders
  4. Amy at Juliet's Lace
  5. Lauren at Wearing History

    No comments:

    Post a Comment