Friday, June 17, 2011

victorian tourists

Victorian tourists take a photo break while on holiday at Giza:

image source: The Daily Mail

According to this article in The Daily Mail, the tourists were traveling as part of one of the first Thomas Cook package tours to Egypt.

I wish I was on vacation too.

In other news, Ms. Lou at The Neo-Victorian Parlour has written a very interesting blog post on the history of carbonated beverages, including their evolution throughout the Victorian Era from medicinal drink to the sugary liquid staple it is today.  Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Even though that is one weather climate where I'd much rather romp around in shorts and a t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is perfect for Steam Tea travels. I've been looking for a photo like this everywhere!

    ReplyDelete