Saturday, July 30, 2011

birthday randomness

Today is my 24th birthday.  It was spent quietly with close family, although my friend Hashem kindly gave my twn sister and I gifts as well.

All I asked for (from my family, not Hashem) was a digital camera to take with me on my upcoming European trip.  That is exactly what I got- a Nikon Coolpix S3100.  I spent the remainder of the evening playing with my new "toy."  

There's nothing very Victorian about my family's birthday celebration except that I just started reading Charlotte Bronte's Villette this afternoon.  To show off my amazing new camera to all of you I took a photo of the most Victorian piece of furniture in my parents' house instead:


My father even got me a mini tripod, so I don't have to take crappy pictures of my neo-Victorian outfits with my laptop computer's built-in camera anymore.

Yay!

Speaking of neo-Victorian outfits, Kitty Lovett over at Bloggery of a Gothcat just announced that she is considering dressing like a Victorian all 365 of the Gregorian calendar year of 2012.  

Kudos to her if she can manage to do it!  I personally don't have the guts, as well as a lack of money and sewing skills and motivation to make my own Victorian clothes.  But I would say the guts thing would be the hardest to deal with.  I am comfortable in my mix of fashions and would be too worried that I would look too bizarre as a Victorian for it to be work-appropriate or not have practical clothes for certain weather conditions (i.e. western PA's notorious humidity.)  If she does decide to do it then I will eagerly  follow her efforts to see how she manages to pull it off for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment