- You spend more money on Victorian or neo-Victorian clothes and accessories than you do on 21st century clothes.
- You practice an authentic British accent.
- Brown is the go-to color in your wardrobe.
- Tesla is your idol, while Edison is just a dirty crook.
- Buying toy guns doesn't make you childish- it just spices up your outfit.
- The search for affordable and large clockwork parts takes up most of your online shopping time.
- Broken objects or appliances, mechanical or otherwise, end up in your home to be "requisitioned." In my case this has gone from a wine bottle opener to a plastic, gold-colored Christmas bulb.
- You troll Craigslist's "Free" section and antique stores for such broken appliances and objects mentioned above.
- You want to try absinthe simply because it was made popular in the 19th century drink. And you want to try it the "legitimate" way- dripping water onto a sugar cube, not setting it aflame.
- You know how to properly wear a corset.
- The majority of your readings have to do with the Victorian era and its inventions, contributions to modernity, dress, and mannerisms.
- You drink tea like a fiend.
- You talk about Jules Verne like he's an old friend.
- You have enough neo-Victorian inspired music to play it nonstop for 12 hours without repeating songs.
- Your entire family knows that as long as a gift looks somewhat Victorian you'll probably like it.
This list doesn't exactly display all of my own personal attributes as a steampunk enthusiast.
Anyone have anything they want me to add?