Sunday, January 29, 2012

recollections outfit #1

At the end of November the Victorian historical clothing business Recollections had a sale.  Your blogger hemmed and hawed for literally hours over whether I should spend my hard-earned money on items as frivolous as Victorian dresses.  Just ask Scott- I was whining so much about wanting the dresses and yet not having enough money for them that he turned to me several times and told me that if I wanted them that badly he'd buy them for me- probably just to get me to shut up.  

While I didn't take him up on the offer, I did end up caving in and purchasing two dresses.  They arrived last week.  While normal circumstances dictate that most of Recollections' dresses are made and shipped three weeks from purchase, their Christmas rush obviously delayed my merchandise from arriving sooner.  But the quality of the material and the craftsmanship on these outfits are just amazing.  They both don't quite fit- I was between sizes, so I ended up going for the next size up on each.  As a result the dresses fit just fine in length, but are too big around the torso area.  So now I just need to figure out if I want to take them to my grandmother for altering or attempt it myself.  

The first dress to be featured on this blog is the Josephine:








1 comment: