Sunday, January 1, 2012

ringing in 2012



What better way to ring in the New Year with a steampunk friend at an intimate house party than in neo-Victorian fashion?


The black skinny jeans are from Ann Taylor, while the shoes are Steve Madden from DSW.  The red undercorset was ordered from BlackHearts Clothing, a local Pittsburgh corsetry and lingerie retailer, while the high-necked Victorian-influenced white tunic with back trim is a second-hand shirt from another steampunk friend.  The undercorset is actually hiding a rather large coffee stain that came with the shirt (not exactly why my friend parted with it, but certainly a good excuse to for me to wear an undercorset.)


Yes, that is a Yellow Angry Bird on the tree.  Due to our lack of a star my roommates and I had to substitute with what we had on hand.


And in case you were wondering what the pieces of paper on the tree say... let's just say that my boyfriend decided to give the tree a little more of a personality after December 25:

"Feed Me Elves and I poop presents!"

1 comment: