Monday, May 21, 2012

steampunk symposium outfits

I just realized that I had never given a complete overview of the outfits I wore to the Steampunk Empire Symposium at the end of April.  For your viewing pleasure I will feature my three main outfits.  


Day 1-Steampunk Safari Adventuress with the clockwork guns and holsters I made:


Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission. 
And me with Steampunk Boba Fett.  Most people who come in contact with him, both male and female, seem to develop crushes on him.  I am no exception.  He has the most addictive and flirty personality.  I love you Steampunk Boba Fett!

Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission. 
Day 2- Near-sighted Red Lady (a.k.a. the Big Bustle Butt Outfit.)  I think I made the bustle too ample, which worked perfectly for my "performance" of "Baby Got Brass" but otherwise still doesn't look right.


My friend Narla Thotep lent me the flower and, later on, the top hat.  As mentioned previously I purchased the glasses and the purse to go with this outfit.

Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission.
Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission.
Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission.
The following photo is my absolute favorite- so candid and yet getting such a good view of my face at the same time:

Photo Larry Green.  Photo used with permission. 
There was an outfit for the Masquerade Ball on the evening of the second day, but I forgot to take a photo of it. 

Day 3- Elegant Aristocrat (featuring this Recollections ensemble):

Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission. 
Photo by Nim Derringer.  Photo used with permission. 

3 comments:

  1. So glam. That photo from Stephen Robinson is just the best. I am jealous! =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many great outfits, i am impressed! you look beautiful!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *SO* adore the second outfit: red parasol and corset FTW!!! And the Recollections dress was a great choice. All of the outfits are stunning and well thought-out. I bet you were one of the very best dressed at the event!

    ReplyDelete