Wednesday, June 27, 2012

croquet and absinthe and bears oh my!

Last night the Trundle Manor kindly hosted a lawn game and absinthe night for the Steel City Steam Society.  It was a great hit, with tea, cookies, pound cake, croquet, Nerf dueling, and absinthe drinking.





I would like to thank Mr. Arm, Velda, and Polly for giving us the run of the Manor and assisting us in every way, from making sure the lawn was mowed to scolding me for not preparing the absinthe correctly. By the end of the evening I was a pro, as I made nearly everyone's drinks.
Bears chillaxin' at the absinthe table



Photo by Nim Derringer.  Used with Permission.

Photo by Nim Derringer.  Used with Permission.
Everyone had a great time, and Mr. Arm is willing to host yet another lawn game party at the Manor.  Join the Steel City Steam Society on Facebook for updates on future events!

3 comments:

  1. this looks like another evening with loads of fun! you should take us all with you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure entirely why, maybe all the hype, but I'm obsessed with Absinthe. Art, documentaries, scented lotions, lol. I will try it one day! But you can't get anything but Bud Light in my rivertown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ kakuidori- I would love to take you all with me next time! Just let me know when you're in Pittsburgh, PA and I'll arrange it! :-P

    @ Liz Ruchards- If you're interested in learning more about absinthe and "all the hype," check out this very informative documentary on the topic: http://www.hulu.com/watch/258227 You'll be sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete