Friday, June 8, 2012

Red & Black Week: Final Day's Outfit


For the final day of Sophistique Noir's Red & Black Week, I put together an entirely new ensemble for a fun Goth-inspired Friday work outfit:


The drapey white blouse is from Dots.  I cinched it with a new leather cincher from Recollections.  The skirt is New York and Co., the boots are from DSW, and the black rose-patterned tights are from Target.


I would not recommend for anyone to actually wear this sort of outfit to work with the patterned tights and the belt cincher.  I'm fortunate enough to be able to get away with it because, as I have discussed in several posts in the past, my workplace lets me wear whatever I want.  My boss actually likes my style and discusses my new outfits with me.  But my mother would probably think that I looked more like a streetwalker than a secretary in these clothes, and only Heaven knows what the lawyers with whom we share office space think.

What is the most daring thing you ever wore to work?

1 comment:

  1. You look so fabulous! This outfit is a total nod to Goth with a touch of 80s thrown in, and very nicely done. I could've gotten away with the patterned tights at my last job, and maybe at my new one but it's too soon to try. :) Hopefully your mother doesn't read your blog.

    ReplyDelete