Tuesday, July 24, 2012

good news!

First of all, you may have noticed that this blog just had a major face lift.  The old blog design, active from about February 2011 until last week, was just not working for me anymore. Please bear with me as I finalize the design- this current one is too dark for what I think this blog covers, so it will change.

In other news: after writing this blog post two weeks ago about my current professional life being in a free fall, I have a new, career-type job at a Pittsburgh museum!

Whew.  I can breathe again.

It's been a hectic month trying to figure out how to support myself while the uncertainty of my position hung in the balance.  I was stressed out, but it was a stress I could deal with.  I've since crashed- I've got one of those nasty summer colds now, but life is looking pretty good.  I'm back in the museum field at an institution that promises both advancement and full benefits, and I will be doing what I do best- organizing and writing!

I feel like I am truly blessed to have this job.  Let's hope what I've learned from my other jobs will help me to grow as a museum professional.  I hope to work on a grad school degree and advance myself even further.

To celebrate, I'll just leave this power metal song by Sabaton here:


FYI: Sabaton's new CD "Carolus Rex" is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.  So well researched, it covers significant people and events in Swedish history in the 17th and 18th centuries, most notably the Thirty Years' War and The Great Northern War.

5 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOOOO!!! Congrats on the museum job darling! :D *does happy dance* YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Best of luck in your transition. And I love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I am so totally stoked right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new job <3 and wow, i like that song :-O

    ReplyDelete