Thursday, July 19, 2012

liebster award

The Countess at has nominated me for a Liebster Award!  The rules of this award are as follows:



Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you tag.
Choose 11 people and link back to them.
No tag backs.


11 things about me:

1. Ben & Jerry's Phish Food is my go-to comfort food.

2. I get annoyed whenever people put down religions of nearly any kind without a good reason for feeling as they do. Just because you were raised Catholic and a few individuals who call themselves Catholic did something to hurt you doesn't mean that you should bash the entire institution, for example. Now if you were abused by a priest and the Church hid it... yeah, sure, go ahead don't like that specific branch of Christianity. I'm behind you on that. But don't blame Christianity as a whole.

3. That being said, I'm a bad Catholic. I've been kicked out of confession for not asking for forgiveness for something a priest perceived as a sin. But I totally respect him for doing so- if I want to remain being Catholic I need to go by the rules. Whether I want to continue being Catholic, however, has been an internal struggle for me for the past few years...

4. I own 10 corsets, most of which were purchased within the past two years.

5. I wish I had had an older brother growing up.

6. I hate fruit flies. And pigeons. And swans are EVIL!

7. I get along amazingly well with old people and kids.   Funny thing is, I don't generally like old people or kids...

8. I'm also very shy and insecure, but I am terrific at hiding these qualities in public.

9. I'm a huge Disney Princess fan. Pocahontas and Mulan are my favorites, with Rapunzel coming in a close third.

10. No, I don't want to hear about your messy love life. In fact, keep most drama away from me.

11. While my mom thinks that I am the smartest of her children she also thinks that I am the biggest failure in the sense that I am wasting my potential to have a successful (i.e. moneymaking) career by pursuing jobs in museums or writing.


11 questions:

The 11 questions for the people The Countess tagged:

1. If you were given 100€ right now with the obligation that you have to buy something that makes you happy, what would you buy?

I'd buy more clothes- specifically this dress. 100€ doesn't cover another trip to Europe.

2. Your favourite movie?

Currently it's Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes.

3. If you could become any fictional character for a day who would you want to be?

Tough one. Ummm... there are so many things wrong with this answer, but I guess I'd have to go with Dagny Taggart from Atlas Shrugged. I guess more so that she's a perfect superhuman type individual, and I'd like to be perfect and admired by all. And she can fly a plane.

4. Is there an ethical/political theme or agenda that is important to you?

Yes, but I won't tell on this blog as it's not the platform for those things.

5. Fish or birds?

Birds. Flying!

6. Could you live for two weeks without your mobile and the Internet without feeling that you lose contact to people that are important to you?

Yep.

7. Favourite item of clothing?

My black ballet flats.

8. Have you been kind to a stranger this week?

I think so. I work nights, so not sure I've seen too many strangers this week, let along interacted with them...

9. Do you like old buildings?

Yes! I love them so much that, despite my apartment being crappy and falling apart, I love the fact that it's 100 years old. I dream of what kind of people lived here before.

10. Umbrellas or parasols?

Parasols, even though umbrellas are much more practical.

11. What was the last thing you have creatively made with your own hands?

Faerie wings!


My questions for the people I tag:

1. Name one thing you despise that seems to receive a lot of hype.

2. What's your favorite animal?

3. Name one subculture you don't "get" or understand and why.

4. What was your favorite class in school?

5. What's your favorite pop song? (my boyfriend's a metal head, yet absolutely loves "Total Eclipse of the Heart," for example.  It happens to the best of us.)

6. What action-movie move or skill do you wish you could have?

7. What's the most ridiculous Halloween costume you ever wore?

8.  What's the best prank you ever played (or was played on you?)

9.  Favorite animated movie (can be adult-themed content)?

10.  Cats or dogs?

11. What's your dream job?

I'm tagging the following people:

Raphael at Quicksilver Sanity
Ms. Lou at The Neo-Victorian Parlour
Kakuidori at o.O

2 comments:

  1. Sherlock is one of my favourite movies, too! also, the dress you would buy is amazing o0 I definately have to look through the things they offer at this website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-O i neeeeed time. time. tiiiime XD
    love to read this kind of things!

    <3

    ReplyDelete