Friday, August 24, 2012

another attempt to explain

Yep, this is pretty much another method I have used to explain steampunk to the uninitiated.  And often the same reaction, if only nonverbally:


My only question is: Why is a scene from Young Frankenstein the headline image?

In other news, the coworkers at my new job continue to be awesome- giving me at least appreciative smiles when they saw the bowler hat and goggles I brought to the office to wear to a small outing after work.  One of them went so far as to squee.

Things are so wonderful for me right now.

3 comments:

  1. Other tasteful movies to submit as examples :
    - Van Helsing
    - The Legion of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    - The Time Machine
    Enjoy the reactions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. One of my friends came up with that meme and is pretty chuffed with himself as to its popularity.

    (Plus, Young Frankenstein is always appropriate, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend is bloody brilliant!

      And yes, Young Frankenstein is pretty much always appropriate. As I always say when things aren't going my way, "Well, at least it's not raining." :)

      Delete