Thursday, November 1, 2012

monthly theme post: hosiery


It's time for another one of Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme Posts!  This month's theme is hosiery!

I love hosiery.  It keeps me warm in cooler weather, shows off the shape of one's legs well, and is just another fun "accessory" to spice up an outfit.  I have a drawer full of the stuff, but for the sake of time I will only show a few of my most interesting pairs.

The first specimen is this rather tightly knit pair of hose with an interesting winter-sweater-like pattern on it.  I can't remember for the life of me where I got it, but I do know I had them last winter.  They're so warm.  In fact, I am wearing these with a turtleneck sweater dress to work today.


This next pair I haven't yet had the chance to wear.  Purchased at Urban Outfitters on clearance this summer, these pink hose have a lovely embroidered heart pattern on it.  Unfortunately because they were purchased at a time I was beginning a retail job I sort of thrust them aside and forgot about them until I cleaned out my dresser a few days ago.  Having "rediscovered" them, I am excited to create an outfit to show them off:


The next two stockings are my favorites- a fishnet like weave with flower patterns on them.  I have two of each color- black and gray- so when one set is completely worn out I can immediately begin wearing the second set.  I purchase these at Target.



And finally, my striped stockings, purchased from a Halloween store last year and only worn rarely to preserve them.  I've worn these to an Emilie Autumn concert, Pittsburgh Zombiefest, and for just hanging out with goth and steampunk friends.


Do you have special pairs of hosiery that you only use for special occassions?  if so, why?

11 comments:

  1. My favourites are your snowflake stockings and your stripey pair! :D

    I have a special pair that I seldom wear because they were a gift, and I won't be able to replace them once they wear out. Which will make me very sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink ones with the hearts! They would probably look good with a sweet lolita attire :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Hmmm... dare I begin delving into the world of Lolita? :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love how you mixed the striped stockings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, those red/black/white stripey tights are so cool and definitely suitable for an EA concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same grey-ish rose fishnets in my theme post. Thank you for reminding me where they came from. I could not for the life of me remember. I wish I'd seen the black ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rose fishnets. I have a few pairs I rarely wear because they're summer tights, too tight to layer over other tights, delicate and can't be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to give lace tights another chance. I have a pair but they are footless, and what good is that? ;) OMG, I love the hearts. They would work with Lolita, but I think you could also wear them with a dark outfit just for some fun contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those heart tights are totally fun. And I do have a couple pairs of tights I save for work only because they're so delicate, my sheer pin dot ones and my sheer backseam ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheer pin dot tights? Those sound amazing!!!

      Delete