Friday, November 2, 2012

steampunk greenery

Time to display some neo-Victorian industrial styles in the liveliest color of nature: green!

A few weeks ago I entered a drawing for a set of steampunk earrings on The Punkettes- a steampunk, dieselpunk, and clockpunk blog.  And I won!  w00t!

I received the earrings when I returned from my trip to South Carolina, and have enjoyed them several times so far- so lightweight and fun!





Also, while at the Monsters, Music and More charity event, there was an auction with all proceeds going to the charities for whom the event was run- the American Cancer Society and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I played the part of Vanna White, showing off the various pieces in the auction- movie posters signed by cast members of the original version of The Night of the Living Dead, a samurai sword set, and paraphernalia from local undead loving group The Steel City Zombies.

Then this deliciously lusciously green coat came into my hands.  And I couldn't let go.





So for $50 this baby was mine! 


Made by Lady Moon Designs, an alternative clothing seamstress based in Australia, this gorgeous brocade coat seems t have been upcycled from something else- either unused brocade material or an actual coat.  Either way, the craftsmanship is second to none and the detailing is amazing, especially with the accessories added on:


The collar

The lapel

The lapel

The back midsection


The sleeves

Check out Lady Moon Designs on Etsy or Facebook. and The Punkettes' blog for awesome items or giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment